Tuesday 13 August 2013

latest sports news in india - I could have scored a triple ton, says Shikhar Dhawan

Pretoria: He might have missed out on the world record for the highest list A score, but Indian batsman Shikhar Dhawan is not complaining as he is glad to have become only the third Indian cricketer after Sachin Tendulkar and Virender Sehwag to get a double hundred in a 50-over game.

“I was aware of the record and it felt really special to score these runs,” Dhawan said after the match after India A’s 39-run win over South Africa A which took them to the tri-series final against Australia A.
“When I got out in the 44th over it occurred to me that if I had batted till the end I had a chance to score a triple hundred. I am happy with what I scored though. It did cross my mind that I joined Sachin paaji and Viru paaji in scoring a double century in a one-day game,” he added. Dhawan toppled quite a few batting records en route to his way to a 150-ball knock of 248 runs. He overtook Virender Sehwag’s 219 in an ODI against West Indies in 2011 to register the highest List A score by an Indian. He became the third Indian, after Sachin Tendulkar and Sehwag to score a double century in a 50-over match. Dhawan’s 248 also became the second highest List A score of all time

For More: http://www.enewspaperofindia.com

No comments:

Post a Comment